MANILA, Philippines – A one-year-old girl is the first confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) patient in Oriental Mindoro, Governor Humerlito Dolor announced Friday.
Dolor said the patient has a travel history to Alabang in Muntinlupa City from March 5 to March 12.
The patient will undergo confirmatory tests while her guardians will also undergo COVID-19 testing.
PAKI BASA PO NG BUO NG MENSAHENG ITO:Minamahal kong mga Kababayan:May pagpapasalamat sa Diyos kong ipinapahayag na…
“Dahil siya ay napakabata pa at upang siguraduhin pang lalo, humiling ako sa Department of Health (DOH) na muling ipasuri (confirmatory test) ang kanyang specimen at ito naman ay kagyat na pinagbigyan. Isasailalim na rin sa testing ang kanyang mga guardians,” Dolor said in a Facebook post.
(Because the patient is so far the youngest case and to make sure, I asked the DOH to test the specimen again and they agreed. The guardians will undergo testing as well.)
The provincial government is already conducting contact tracing.
Meanwhile, seven others have tested negative for the disease. The city government is waiting for five other test results.
Dolor reminded his constituents to abide by strict home quarantine protocols, physical distancing, liquor ban and the wearing of face masks.
The provincial government will also implement stricter protocols in letting outsiders inside Oriental Mindoro.
Dolor said he has ordered the police, military, the Philippine Coast Guard, the Philippine Ports Authority, and other law enforcement agencies to enhance their monitoring of borders and points of entry.
“Sumunod na po tayo sa pinag-uutos ng pamahalaan! Stay at home! Help save lives!” he said.
To date, there are 707 individuals confirmed to have contracted COVID-19 with 45 deaths and 28 recoveries.